Tuesday 13 December 2022

Happy St Lucy's Day from a forgetful Blogger

I was walking with the dogs this morning and telling my husband all about Anne Rooney's excellent post on here a couple of days, all about writers' earnings. I mentioned how many writers had shared and commented on this important issue. This led on to a chat about ABBA in general; the good work it does by giving us a place to speak out; the sense of community; how much I enjoy blogging here, and how touched I always am when anyone comments or shares my witterings. 


Then -- because his eyes were starting to glaze over -- I moved on to telling him that it was St Lucy's Day, and was about to start quoting Donne's 'A Nocturnal upon St Lucy's Day'.

That's the 13th December, isn't it? he interrupted. (He doesn't know his metaphysical poets,  but he knows his saints.)

Ah yes. Indeed. The 13th. My ABBA posting day... Readers, I could tell you I was doing this, or doing that, or involved in this, or sorting out that -- the truth is, I FORGOT. 

But here is my beloved Stroller, my own light-bringer, looking cute on St Lucy's Day, so I hope you will forgive me.



In fairness, I HAVE been very busy, mostly with the NEXT BOOK, and I expect by the 13th January the book will have been announced and then I can talk about it. I bet I don't forget to do that...

Happy St Lucy's Day, and happy holidays to you all. 

No comments: