Wednesday 22 April 2020

Zoom Chat for Writers on Saturday April 25th - Heather Dyer



If you're anything like me, in a few short weeks your writing and publishing plans have shifted focus.

What about you? Do the things you're working on two weeks ago no longer feel relevant? Have you suddenly started something new? Or is it difficult to concentrate at all? 

If you write for children, I'd like to invite you to a short Zoom chat at noon on Saturday 25th April. The (loose) focus of the chat will be: Taking Stock: writing in uncertain times. 

CONFESSION: I have an ulterior motive - as well as connecting with other writers, this is an opportunity for me to practice using Zoom. I'm doing my first Zoom writing workshop next month!

But this will be an informal, private chat - just an opportunity for a group of writers to share our thoughts and take stock. It's also an opportunity to meet new people, see how Zoom can be used to chat and teach online, and try a couple of very short divergent thinking exercises designed to generate new insights on your current work-in-progress (no sharing required). 


Close-up of Coffee Cup on Table

So, if you have time to join me, drop me a line by email. I'll then send you a link to download Zoom (it only takes a minute) and give you the password to join the meeting. Bring a cuppa, pen and paper, and an open mind. I'll accept the first eight people who contact me, and if more are interested I'll arrange a second meeting. I look forward to hearing from you - and thanks for helping me out! 

Heather (heatherdyerbooks@gmail.com)



Heather Dyer is a consultant in writing for children. She provides writing and publishing advice through The Literary Consultancy, The Writers' Advice Centre for Children's Books, and privately. If you’re ready for feedback on your work-in-progress contact Heather at heatherdyerbooks@gmail.com. 

Heather’s children’s novel The Girl with the Broken Wing was one of Richard and Judy’s book club picks, and The Boy in the Biscuit Tin was nominated for a Galaxy Best British Children’s Book award. Heather also teaches creative writing for the University of the Creative Arts, and facilitates workshops in creative thinking techniques for creatives and academics.

2 comments:

Penny Dolan said...

Thanks, Heather. Another great idea.
Good luck with your Zooming and your future workshop.

Heather Dyer said...

Thanks Penny x