The long, hot summer is finally over and we can look forward to huddling under blankets to write, and the Scattered Authors winter retreat in January - there are still places available so get in touch if you're interested.
This month we're celebrating the publication of three books and a special edition. Please do take a look at them and give them a shout-out on your social media. If you have anything you'd like included in October's round-up, send the details to Claire Fayers.
Congratulations, Michelle Lovric, whose new adult novel comes out on October 8th, from Salt Publishing.
Michelle is the much-loved author of The Book of Human Skin and a former Women’s Prize nominee. Known for her lyrical prose, dark wit and impeccable historical detail, she now turns her gaze to Venice in 1817 – a city of intrigue, revolution and romance.
In The Puffin, a disfigured traitor, a revolutionary milliner, a sadistic assassin – and, yes, a puffin – become entangled in a plot to ransom a Habsburg princess. The result is a heady mix of radical lovers, poets, smugglers and spies. By turns thrilling, tender and gloriously eccentric, it is historical fiction at its most seductive.
Next, a book for younger readers. Yvonne Banham's third book for young adults, Delores Mackenzie and the Dead of Winter, will be published by Firefly Press on October 8th.
The third in the Delores MacKenzie series sees Delores facing her greatest challenge yet, chasing beyond the Arctic Circle in search of a mysterious book, a legend and a killer.
![]() |
| Cover: Nathan Collins |
Finally, my own Welsh Giants, Ghosts and Goblins from Firefly Press is getting a special limited edition for Christmas. The larger format hardback has a bonus Christmas goblins story, ribbon bookmark, and every story has a new illustration by Becka Moor.
![]() |
| Cover: Becka Moor |
Congratulations to everyone celebrating this month.
Claire




4 comments:
Congratulations everybody.
Thank you so much for your generous words! Just reading An Ordinary War right now. It's great.
Well done all!
I am a happy person today having to have recovered a large amount of money worth 10,000, which I had lost in the hands of Bitcoin fraudulent, It has been an unfortunate year for me trying to recover my money back for the last 2months but luckily a friend of mine who also went through the same scamming issue referred me to this recovery agent called Boleyn Magic Hackers It took 3days for them to recovery the full amount at first I was hesitant and scared to believe them since I have also lost some money trying to recover my money back, But my friend assured me that they are very reliably and I decided to try it a try I have never been happy in my life until today, I would advise anyone out here trying to recover your money back you all should trust Boleyn Magic Hackers If you are a victim of bitcoin scam and believe in recovering all your lost funds, Their insights, and dedication showed me a path to success I never knew existed. This is the Email address you can use to reach out to them: Email:support@boleynonline.com. I am aware that sometimes Bitcoin cannot be recovered. However, I think it's critical to provide this choice to those who have misplaced their Bitcoin. We appreciate you offering this helpful service, Boleyn Magic Hackers (BMH). My life was spared by Boleyn Experts, which is why I am sharing this Bitcoin recovery success story in their honor. I am also appreciative of how popular Bitcoin recovery is becoming. This implies that more users will be able to use Boleyn Magic Hackers' online recovery through email:support@boleynonline.com to recover their lost Bitcoin because more people will be aware of the scam.
Post a Comment