Wednesday 29 May 2024

No Football

I can’t get into Dickens. The Russian tomes are endless. John Le Carre never uses two words when five will completely confuse the issue. And the fact that Graham Greene called some of his books ‘entertainments’ has always puzzled me.


If I’m going to be stranded on a desert island, please airlift me a box containing the collected works of Joe Lansdale, Ross Thomas, Kate Saunders, Louis Sachar, Victoria Wood, Alan Bennett and The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry.


 I won’t need a football.

2 comments:

Andrew Preston said...

"I once went to one of those parties where everyone throws their car keys into the middle of the room. I don't know who got my moped, but I drove that Peugeot for years."
Victoria Wood

Nick Garlick said...

Andrew Preston: that's one of my favourites. If you don't already have it, I do recommend Chunky. VW is as funny on the page as she is on stage or TV.