Wednesday 15 May 2019

Humble-bragging. Soz - Rowena House


Many apologies, Awfully Big Blog readers, but I’m up to my neck in GCSE and A-level English teaching, and after two abortive attempts to produce a readable piece for this month, I’ve got to accept reality: at the moment I can’t think straight and chew cud!

Instead, here are links to the Historical Association’s Young Quill readers’ reviews of their choices for the 2019 shortlist for novels for 11-13 year old readers - and anyone else who loves a good historical yarn. I’m so proud that The Goose Road sits alongside these fabulous books by Hilary McKay, Catherine Johnson, Emma Carroll, Pippa Goodheart and Stuart Hill.
Congratulations to you all.
Other age categories have super choices, too, so please direct your young people, their teachers, families and friends to all of the honest, insightful reviews. What a great time for our genre! And thank you to the Historical Association, and every one of their reviewers.  

 

 



 


 

 

5 comments:

Candy Gourlay said...

Congratulations, Rowena! What a feat

Penny Dolan said...

Congratulations to you and all those amazing Young Quills titles, Rowena.

Rowena House said...

Thank you!

Ann Turnbull said...

Congratulations to all of you!

Anne Booth said...

Congratulations! And I say that, even though that means my book, which was on the long list, didn't make it! I'm sad because it is a lovely award, but someone has to not get on, and I was surprised and very pleased to be on the list in the first place, as most of my book is set in the present. All these books are great, and it also led me to look at the link and realise that I had some lovely reviews for 'Across the Divide' which I didn't know I had! Good luck to you all!