Tuesday 29 March 2016

Tommy v Cancer - John Dougherty

I'm not going to post much today. Instead, I'm going to point you towards another blog.

As some of you will know, children's author Tommy Donbavand has recently been diagnosed with cancer. I've never met Tommy, though I have emailed him a few times. My impression from those emails - and his reputation among those I know who have met him - is that he's a lovely guy, one of the best.

And certainly, he's facing up to his current condition with an extraordinarily courageous openness. So this month, instead of reading any more from me, I'd like you to visit his Tommy v. Cancer blog, and offer him your support.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________














John's Stinkbomb & Ketchup-Face series, illustrated by David Tazzyman, is published by OUP.


His new books in 2016 will include the next two Stinkbomb & Ketchup-Face titles, his first poetry collection - Dinosaurs & Dinner-Ladies, illustrated by Tom Morgan-Jones and published by Otter-Barry Books  - and several readers for schools.

2 comments:

Emma Barnes said...

I met Tommy a couple of years back at the Fantastic Book Awards in Lancashire. His blog is courageous and humorous and I'm full of admiration and wishing him well.

vinz prasetyo said...

thank you for giving me the necessary information