Sunday 6 March 2011

Lancashire Book of theYear Award Shortlist by Adele Geras

On Friday morning, I was in Preston meeting the Year 9 pupils who will choose the Lancashire Book of the Year. This is the shortlist. I have only read Keren David's WHEN I WAS JOE but looking forward to reading the others.

Jim Carrington 'Inside my Head'
Keren David 'When I was Joe'
Joseph Delaney 'The Spook's Nightmare'
Jane Eagland 'Whisper my Name'
Hilary Freeman ' Lifted'
Chris Higgins 'Tapas and Tears'
Sam Mills 'Blackout'
Liz Rettig 'My Rocky Romance Diary'
C. J. Skuse 'Pretty Bad Things'
Keris Stainton 'Della Says OMG'

3 comments:

Sarah Taylor-Fergusson said...

I copy-edited Inside My Head, so I hope it wins! It's a very cleverly told story about bullying. The voice is excellent.

Penny Dolan said...

Good list of titles to look out for. Thanks!

Marie-Louise Jensen said...

I really enjoyed 'Whisper my Name'. And worked on the manuscript of Pretty Bad Things with Claire on the MA.