Thursday 17 June 2010

A SUMMER STORY - Dianne Hofmeyr

Words have escaped me today. This was done on a playful day in summer when images and sound took over... stills taken on a small Lumix camera without any thought of a video until last night ... my first attempt at using Windows Movie Maker. When you click to view, activate the sound button as well. (the sound stops for a while in the middle but its not the end) The setting was the background to my novel Fish Notes and Star Songs

THE WHALEBONE – a summer story

CHARACTERS: Family and friends of my sons.

SETTING: Imagine a peninsula of primeval rock so old it has been part of the earth for 130 million years. Picture people living here thousands of years ago. A cave pounded by giant Atlantic rollers. Milkwood trees and ‘fynbos’ stunted and shaped by the wind. Imagine the first footprints falling on the tombola of sand that joins the rock to a small island. Rock, bone and light and off we go...



http://www.diannehofmeyr.com/
Fish Notes and Star Songs

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the Robberg! Lovely video, Dianne.

Medeeha said...

Wonderful :)

Natasha Mostert (Author) said...

Magical! The kind of landscape that sets the imagination free. And what lovely music: haunting and joyful at the same time. Keep these videos coming!

Sue Purkiss said...

Looks beautiful.

Dianne Hofmeyr said...

Well I really was playing and it took far more time than I imagined. I suppose I should've written a review on The Lacuna which I think I've mentioned before and absolutely loved. Delighted it won the Orange!

michelle lovric said...

Magical in every way!
The music is perfect.