Friday 9 October 2020

We all need a holiday (Anne Rooney)

 We all need a holiday. Maybe you have braved a plane or driven across the country, but I don't fly even when it's covid-free and a jaunt across Europe by train is really not on the cards. I was beginning to wonder if the world more than three miles away still actually existed. So I got a train to Brighton, booked two nights in a hotel and had a micro-holiday. It's a straight-through train with no need to change in London and I can cycle to the station my end and walk the other end. Seemed safe. But then I got a migraine and could do little holidaying and wasn't up to writing a blog post. So you can have my holiday. Crashing waves are always good for the soul.


And a walk along the shore








Looks like Rishi Sunak has been here
with a job creation scheme, numbering stones



I'll have to come back when I feel better.

Anne Rooney



5 comments:

Joan Lennon said...

Really sorry about the migraine - they do have a way of hiding in wait until you ease up, even a little, and then pouncing, all claws and teeth. Hope you are pain-free soon.

Moira Butterfield said...

Feel better soon. (I think it's vital for a creative person's mind to get away to new location every now and again - wherever that may be).

Nick Garlick said...

These are lovely pictures.
Very calming.

Mystica said...

I did the same thing last weekend. Went for three days to the hills. Loved the change of pace. This week is a nightmare in our country. After almost six months we have a community spread of unimaginable proportions (for us) here. Everyone is in a state of uncertainty as to what we should do next.

Stroppy Author said...

So sorry to hear that, Mystica. It's hellish around the world. I'm glad to hear you got some time away