Saturday 14 September 2019

NEW START by Lynne Benton


I always think of September as the best time to start things.  January doesn’t do it for me – maybe it’s too cold, or I’m too tired after all the Christmas travelling and festivities, (and besides, I know I have to do the dreaded Tax Return before the end of the month!) 

But in September, as soon as the summer ends and school starts again, that’s the time for me.  Maybe because for so many years my life was bounded by school terms: first school, then college, then teaching, and then my children’s school terms and university terms, as well as my own teaching terms, and I still feel everything starts anew in September. 


Now I am no longer bound by school terms, this is the time when I’m keen to roll up my sleeves and get on with the new book that has been bursting inside me all through the summer, waiting to get out.  These fresh early autumn days are truly inspiring. 


Past rejections/poor sales/unpublished manuscripts forgotten, I try to remember only my past successes as a new story beckons, and maybe this will be the best thing I have written to date.  Until I actually write it, who can tell?


So this month’s blog will be a short one, as I have to get down to work!

website: lynnebenton.com

Latest book: 


 The Lost Treasure of Aquae Sulis


4 comments:

Joan Lennon said...

Yes! This is the new year! Good wishes for the writing, Lynne.

Lynne Benton said...

Thank you, Joan!

Rowena House said...

So true - autumn is a fine time for new words. Hope yours flow.

Sue Purkiss said...

Looking forward to hearing about your new book, Lynne!