Monday 9 July 2018

You can never have too many books (Anne Rooney)

Today, just a little photo essay.

MB said to me the other day, 'Ba, I need more books. Don't I?'

So I thought I'd better check whether she was deprived in the books department. Just picture books, of course.

There are quite a few on the lower shelves in the library next to the kitchen:



Then there are some in the front room:



They don't all fit on the shelves:


There are some on shelves where they don't belong:


And some on the floor:


Or one of the tables:


And plenty in her room:


And more on the floor:


Some are in foreign:


And some don't have any words at all, but I couldn't find them quickly.

Some are old and shabby:


And some are brand new:


Many are signed by author-friends:


And some are just rather weird:


Some have been sent from half-way round the world (thank you, Cat!) and some have been bought in Heffers down the road. Many were gifts, a lot were bought second-hand, some are review copies and many are on their second generation of readers in the family.


So does MB need more books? Probably...

Anne Rooney

Shortlisted for the Royal Society Young Persons' Book Prize, 2018
Dinosaur Atlas (Lonely Planet)


4 comments:

Moira Butterfield said...

I like the look of Llama phones! What could be inside?

Moira Butterfield said...

PS: Do you have an attic? Mine is so full of old books I think it might be a secret library for mice.

catdownunder said...

of course she doesn't have enough books - we need to think about what I give her next!

Lynne Benton said...

Nobody EVER has enough books!