Friday 12 June 2015

My 5 Point Blog

Like many of us, I was thrilled to hear the news that Chris Riddell has been appointed the new Waterstones Children's Laureate 2015-17. I was a fan of his political cartoons, his swollen fat cats and angular sly faced politicians, long before I discovered his outstanding output for children.

What struck me most from the news of his appointment was the simplicity and clarity of his vision, outlined in his 5 Point Plan. Not only is his plan to increase visual (aka drawing) engagement and awareness in schools a great one, but the way he expressed it was so simple - in a written page- it made me feel sad that everything I write is typed.

So in total homage to our new Laureate, here is my 5 POINT BLOG, on the theme of getting children's literature in Britain the recognition it deserves. Apologies that my pen work is not quite as legible...



Piers Torday
@PiersTorday
www.pierstorday.co.uk

5 comments:

Penny Dolan said...

Hmmm! This 5 Point Blog idea could start a trend ...

Piers Torday said...

😎

Sue Purkiss said...

Couldn't quite make out number two - but agree wholeheartedly with everything else!

Piers Torday said...

I think I'd better stick to typing!

catdownunder said...

I agree with Penny Dolan - could ABBA contributors do a 5 Point Blog series?