Monday 20 October 2014

Out of Season - Joan Lennon

Many of us have done author events at the Wigtown Book Festival but if you're like me, you rarely leave the centre of town, where the action is fabulously, alluringly booky.  But the festival is over for another year and I'm here instead to house- and dog-sit.  And I'm seeing a whole different Wigtown, which I'd like to share with you.  From sunrises to sunsets, with some cows in-between - 









Joan Lennon's website.
Joan Lennon's blog.

6 comments:

Sue Purkiss said...

Really beautiful land and seascapes. Yum.

Penny Dolan said...

These are so lovely, and I've picked up from several sources that this is a very fine festival and place. (I''m trying hard not to write "Where are the wigs then?")

Joan Lennon said...

According to the internet, that source of all accuracy, Wigtown means either "the dwelling place" or "the town on the bay". Hair pieces were not mentioned - and, indeed, it's much too windy here to accommodate them!

Ann Turnbull said...

Joan, I always love your blog posts! Beautiful photographs, and just the right number of well-chosen words. Thank you.

Joan Lennon said...

Thank you all!

Dianne Hofmeyr said...

These are truly wonderful shots Joan. I hope you'll blow them up and put them up on your walls... hauntingly beautiful. They capture something quite indefinable. THANK YOU!