Sunday 20 October 2013

Good Intentions Pave the Road to Chess - Joan Lennon

Here's the thing.  I had fully intended to write a deep, insightful post about dealing with rejection.  About confronting that creeping, debilitating sense of invisibility.  About handling Ode Rage (for the poets among us).  It would have been ... epic.  

Unfortunately, I got so depressed even thinking about it all that I became utterly unable to write a word.  So I turned, as you do, to chess.

But not any old chess.  Chess as it was meant to be played ... 


Says it all, really - if at first you don't succeed, pee on the board.

Advice to live by.

(P.S.  If the video isn't showing, here's the link.)


Joan Lennon's website.
Joan Lennon's blog.

4 comments:

Penny Dolan said...

Not sure which solution I'm going for right now. The Mirren move, I think.

Hope tomorrow is a better day now you've got all that off your chesst.

Joan Lennon said...

Nice one, Penny!

madwippitt said...

Loved this! Watching it was the perfect way to start a Monday morning!

C.J.Busby said...

This made my day. Thanks!!