Sunday, 20 October 2013

Good Intentions Pave the Road to Chess - Joan Lennon

Here's the thing.  I had fully intended to write a deep, insightful post about dealing with rejection.  About confronting that creeping, debilitating sense of invisibility.  About handling Ode Rage (for the poets among us).  It would have been ... epic.  

Unfortunately, I got so depressed even thinking about it all that I became utterly unable to write a word.  So I turned, as you do, to chess.

But not any old chess.  Chess as it was meant to be played ... 

Says it all, really - if at first you don't succeed, pee on the board.

Advice to live by.

(P.S.  If the video isn't showing, here's the link.)

Joan Lennon's website.
Joan Lennon's blog.


Penny Dolan said...

Not sure which solution I'm going for right now. The Mirren move, I think.

Hope tomorrow is a better day now you've got all that off your chesst.

Joan Lennon said...

Nice one, Penny!

madwippitt said...

Loved this! Watching it was the perfect way to start a Monday morning!

C.J.Busby said...

This made my day. Thanks!!