Friday 15 July 2011

Bad Blogging Day - But Smile! - Emma Barnes


It has been one of those days where nothing is working. My beautifully crafted post (you would have enjoyed every word, promise), with its wonderful, glowing images, is failing to upload, my computer keeps crashing, and so there is nothing for it but to be brief.

Here is a preview of the new edition of my book Jessica Haggerthwaite: Witch Dispatcher with a new cover by the fantastically talented Emma Chichester Clark - creator of Blue Kangaroo and many other wonderful characters. What do you think? I am feeling lots more cheerful already!

What has made you smile today?

Posted by Emma Barnes www.emmabarnes.info

6 comments:

Penny Dolan said...

Seeing that lovely new cover for your book, Emma!

I have begun to think that the best covers ask questions that invite the reader in to answer them. "Your" cover certainly does, so three cheers forthe talanted E.C.C.

John Dougherty said...

Actually, Emma, your post made me smile!

Emma Barnes said...

Awww...thanks guys! I have managed to post an ABBA review of Sue Purkiss's book Emily's Surprising Voyage, which also has a truly stunning cover, if anyone wants to check it out.

http://awfullybigreviews.blogspot.com/2011/07/emilys-surprising-voyage-by-sue-purkiss.html

Sue Purkiss said...

I think this cover is lovely, and has a very fresh, different look to it - and I'm not saying that just because you were nice about my book! Commiserations with your Blogger problems. Posting blogs always seems to take much longer than it really should.

Leila said...

Yes, your cover really did make me smile! It's gorgeous.

Dianne Hofmeyr said...

Great cover! Lovely to have two Emma's on it as well.