Monday 20 June 2011

F is for a Fabulous, Fantastic Invitation To Our First Ever...!


F is for First
E is for Ever
is for Stupendous
T is for Tremendous
I is for Innovative
V is for Virtual
A is for Amazing
L is for Literary......

We are proud to invite all our lovely readers and their friends to

THE AWFULLY BIG BLOG ADVENTURE ONLINE LITERARY FESTIVAL
which will be taking place right here on 9-10 JULY 2011!
An Awfully Big Blog Adventure is celebrating its 3rd Birthday with the FIRST EVER ONLINE LITERARY FESTIVAL run entirely by children’s authors, and we want YOU to get involved!

On 9th and 10th July 2011 40 (yes FORTY) children’s authors from the Scattered Authors’ Society, including Adele Geras, Mary Hoffman, Liz Kessler and Celia Rees will be bringing you something new and special every half hour from 9.30am to 7.30pm on our brand spanking newly-designed blog pages.

There will be:
Amazing Blogs
Stunning Videos
Exciting Giveaways
Fascinating Interviews
Mind-boggling Competitions

We’d love you to come along and support us! Meanwhile, there are lots of things you can do!

• Join the guests at our dedicated ABBA Online Litfest Facebook Event Page and invite all your friends!
• Join in the conversation! Follow @AwfullyBigBlog on Twitter and tweet your thoughts using our special hashtag #ABBAlitfest
• Help us spread the word by putting one of our special link Buttons on your blog or website

 (just email the address below if you’d like one!)

Naturally, there will be virtual champagne and cake on the day, so save the date and come and join our fantastically fabulous literary party for a weekend of festival fun and frolic!

WATCH OUT FOR OUR FULL FESTIVAL PROGRAMME--COMING SOON!

To bag one of our I Love ABBAlitfest blog buttons please contact our Publicity Campaign Director, Lucy Coats at lucyATlucycoatsDOTcom

12 comments:

Anne Cassidy said...

I can't wait for this! Do we have to dress up?

Lucy Coats said...

Ooh yes! Am all for dressing up. Shall wear my mad authory hat!

catdownunder said...

Oohh...most of this is catnap time Downunder! But you will have lots for me to read about won't you? Purrlease!

Lucy Coats said...

You can purrowl about whenever you want, Cat! There'll be more than enough for you to read, watch and take part in, I promise.

Catherine Johnson said...

Dressing up and plenty of virtual cake!

Unknown said...

Ooh, what fun, I love virtual events and virtual and real dressing up! Will there be cake and champagne? Real, not virtual!

Lucy Coats said...

Well, Nicky, we're being very 'green' by holding this festival online--so no travel, use of trees etc etc--it's the perfect carbon offset festival! So we'll be doing the celebrating wherever we are. Personally, I shall be raising a real glass of the bubbly stuff to toast all those brilliant ABBA authors, our readers, and a fab festival--and munching on some definitely unvirtual chocolate brownies.

Unknown said...

Oh, this sounds great and I will be on holiday so can participate for real for once. Yay.

Ynysawdre Elderly Residents Association said...

I am so excited for this event :D

Deirdra A. Eden said...

You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Best Books Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

I invite you to follow me, if you haven’t already done so, since we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
Take care:-)

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra

March 17th said...

I'm in - sounds great ! Never done one of these though ! I am on the badge trail now...Exciting stuff x

Lucy Coats said...

Thanks, Mich and Emma--we are mega-excited too!

Deirdra--that's fantastic. Thank you so much. Will go over right now, and pass the good news on to our blog supremo.

Belgravia Wife--sort of: (Love the name) I'll DM you on Twitter. Know you follow me there. A blog button is easy to arrange.